Find a pro in Kaukauna, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Kaukauna, Wisconsin
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Kaukauna, Wisconsin. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Kaukauna, Wisconsin. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.