Find a Cabinet Painter in Keshena, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Can I use the same paint on my walls to refresh the look of my cabinets?
A frequently asked question pertains to the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint typically used for home walls will face some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them their sleek look. Common wall paints will not stick adequately to cabinets or begin to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors use for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires extended time to dry and cure than those generally used on walls.
Is it easy to find an experienced cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to uncover the most suitable one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of work. The best place to begin is by knowing exactly what look you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their prior work matching your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and ability. Professional contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a defined budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate widely. Make sure that any contractor you hire gives documentation of all equipment and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to pop up once the project has started that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by checking any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from past clients for view online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Is the challenging prep phase necessary when painting my cabinets?
It's may be enticing to immediately begin painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when doing it on your own, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality beginning with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt and grime are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and its gear, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products today which contractors use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach those places that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in many cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as facilitating better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only chip away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
Will it be costly to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are many things that affect the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Keshena, WI, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first seek out quotes from multiple contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors may bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the cost of materials if you aren't providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with one gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the project performed.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Renew Your Kitchen for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter in Keshena, WI
A smart way to enhance the value of your property and update the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and give them a new look that will match your current tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter around Keshena, WI fluctuates, but some customers still report spending less than a third on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects like the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then inquire several different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the planet when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your existing cabinets could be in good enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
When looking for the perfect cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and needs, you should look at their customer reviews, gallery of past work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A reliable contractor will be happy to share their history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you understand exactly what to expect when the job is complete. Find all important information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Keshena, WI confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.