Find a pro in Luck, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Luck, Wisconsin. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Luck, Wisconsin
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Luck, Wisconsin. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to find the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.