Find a Pro in Marathon, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What considerations are essential when selecting the exterior paint color for your property?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, choosing an elegant color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the best choice. It's relatively inexpensive to enhance how your home looks with help from a trained and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when choosing a color arrangement for your exterior painting project:
- Color pattern: The colors you pick should complement the general aesthetic you're going for and the mood you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are elegant tones that have the ability to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that sticks out from the rest, yellows and oranges are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a property feel more pleasant and comfortable.
What advantages come with the choice to hire a professional for exterior painting?
Recruiting an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your property will typically provide you with a superior result than you could bring about by yourself. DIY projects rarely go as planned unless you have the tools and knowledge to perform the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time attempting to fix flaws, homeowners can seek an exterior painter to perform the job as adeptly as possible. The knowledge they've gained from their experience in the field will be reflected in the degree of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you need to a painter to do it all. With their superior approach and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or delivering less-than-satisfactory results.
How can you get your home ready for an exterior painting task?
Exterior painting delivers the best results when it's done with careful attention to detail and sticking to top standards. Professional painters are prepared with the knowledge, tools, and strategies to perform the job with excellent workmanship. First-rate workmanship begins with taking first steps that let the paint stay and look beautiful for many years. These are certain steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting job:
- Pressure wash: Removing dirt and grime offers you a spotless area to start working on, so using pressure washing tools is an effective way to wash it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix flaws on exterior siding so that you can work with a smooth finish.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it for a smooth varnish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to let the paint stay.
Can you offer an estimate of the price included in painting the exterior of a house?
The cost of exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story property can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's a worthwhile project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements all year round. Another factor that can influence the overall price is how skilled your painter is because it can mean higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and offer you an accurate quote for the price you can expect to pay.
Search for Exterior Home Painting Services Near Marathon, WI
Begin your search for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and hire companies in Marathon, WI. If your property needs some new paint, you can recruit a professional with the qualifications and knowledge to deliver outstanding services. You can upgrade your home's aesthetic with a fresh pop of color that provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from the elements at the same time. By hiring a painter to carry out the job, you're ensuring it'll be of the highest quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can quickly look for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting projects to get a solid idea of what they can offer. Search through candidate profiles and easing your search is a quicker process when you use our no-charge app. It's convenient and hassle-free to use for homeowners to choose the most suitable professional for the job in their area. You can even direct message contractors, request an estimate, and set up a consultation all in one place.
Go over the details of the project with an exterior painting professional who can provide you with helpful recommendations and help you come up with a beautiful color arrangement. Painting can raise your home value and essentially make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what a good sheen, color, and application can do to bring some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from several local contractors prepared to roll up their sleeves and carry out excellent craftsmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by using our app and reach out to an experienced painting contractor to take care of the entire process with careful attention to detail.