Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Marshfield, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Wisconsin // Marshfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How frequently do I need to refinish cabinets
One of the great things about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the process must be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing service can last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Are refinished cabinets worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to boost its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets may already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents in Marshfield, WI have communicated spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
What certifications or licenses will a cabinet refinishing contractor likely possess?
Though there aren't industry-mandated licenses designed for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are certain qualifications and indicators of skill that you can look for when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will highlight their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a related field on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially featuring results that are similar to the style you're trying to achieve. Other than a picture gallery, most professional contractors will demonstrate their experience and dependability with online client reviews.
A reliable professional will give a clear written estimate of the job before it starts, listing the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess adequate communication skills and be able to address any questions and concerns regarding budget, time, and quality during the refinishing project. You should also ask about any warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another factor that can demonstrate they have confidence in the quality of their workmanship.
How do experts perform cabinet refinishing?
An expert working on your cabinet refinishing job will follow an established process for speed and excellent results. There are usually many steps used to transform the appearance of existing cabinets, such as:
- Evaluation and Prepping: Cabinets are first inspected to make sure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If so, any hardware will be disassembled, such as handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Repair and Fill: Some insignificant issues, like scratches, dents, and other imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled to better blend in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in thin, even coats to accomplish the look you're looking for. The drying and curing process is crucial to ensuring a professional outcome, and may need a few hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain completely cures, any hardware will be put back on and cabinets fully reassembled for use. A quality inspection will make sure the finished results satisfies your expectations, which includes a last cleanup of the complete work area.
It's useful to note that any refinishing process may vary based on aspects such as the size of cabinets and the desired finish. Also, contractors may employ detailed methods, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific aesthetic effects, which will require a longer amount of time. Be sure to speak directly with any contractor you hire to ensure they can bring your vision to life.
Hire a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Marshfield, WI
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to beautify the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several people in Marshfield, WI have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many people are starting to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less disruptive to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Marshfield, WI with confidence.