Find a Pro in Mequon, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What features should affect your choice of exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color for your home, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the perfect choice. It's relatively affordable to enhance how your home looks with help from a knowledgeable and experienced painter. These are some of the factors you should think about when choosing a color arrangement for your exterior painting project:
- Color pattern: The colors you choose should go with the overall aesthetic you're going for and the atmosphere you want to create. Make the place your own, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are tasteful tones that have the ability to make you feel at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, oranges and yellows are bright enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a property feel more comfortable and comfortable.
Why should you engage the services of an exterior painting contractor?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will usually give you a superior outcome than you could attain on your own. DIY jobs rarely go as you hope unless you have the materials and experience to perform the job to industry standards. Instead of spending time attempting to fix mistakes, homeowners can turn to an exterior painter to carry out the job as efficiently as possible. The knowledge they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the degree of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the siding, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you should hire a contractor to do it all. With their high-quality practices and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or providing less-than-optimal results.
How should one prepare a property for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides outstanding results when it is carried out with close attention to detail and according to high-quality standards. Professional painters are equipped with the knowledge, materials, and strategies to do the job with outstanding craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to stay and look great for a long time. These are some of the steps you should take to get ready for an exterior painting job:
- Power wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime provides you with a spotless area to work with, so using pressure washing tools is a great way to rinse it off.
- Sand away chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can repair flaws on exterior of your home so that you can work on a flat surface.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it for a sleek finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stick.
Can you offer an estimate of the price involved in painting the exterior of a house?
The price of exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story property can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's an excellent investment for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements all year round. Another factor that can contribute to the overall cost is how skilled your contractor is because it can result in high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and offer you a free quote for the costs you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Most Efficient Way to Search for Exterior Painting Services in Mequon, WI
Begin browsing for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and hire companies in Mequon, WI. If your property needs a fresh coat of paint, you can hire a professional with the training and experience to provide excellent services. You can upgrade your property's appearance with a new pop of color that simultaneously offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage. By recruiting a painter to take care of the job, you're ensuring it'll be of high-quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management app, you can efficiently browse for painters, take a look at ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting jobs to get an understanding of their degree of expertise. Browsing through contractor profiles and easing your search is a quicker process when you use our free platform. It's convenient and easy to use for anyone to find the best contractor for the job in their area. In addition, you can direct message professional painters, request an estimate, and schedule an appointment all in one place.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painting professional who can give you useful suggestions and help you decide on an attractive color combination. Having a newly painted house can raise your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what a good sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from several local contractors prepared to begin the project and perform outstanding work. Get an outstanding finished product by downloading our home management platform and reach out to an experienced professional to take care of every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.