Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Wisconsin // Milwaukee
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How often will cabinets need to be refinished
One of the great advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process must be followed up depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing service can last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as an alternative to purchasing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new ones and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable way to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already work perfectly with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
People in Milwaukee, Wisconsin have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is right for you.
What certifications or licenses will a cabinet refinishing expert usually possess?
Though there aren't industry-mandated licenses designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are certain qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can refer to when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will mention their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a related field on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are considering hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially featuring results that are similar to the style you're trying to accomplish. Other than a picture gallery, most professional contractors can demonstrate their experience and reliability with online customer reviews.
A reputable professional should provide a clear written estimate of the job before it starts, outlining the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess good communication skills and be able to answer any questions and concerns regarding budget, schedule, and quality during the refinishing project. It would be wise to also ask for warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another factor that can demonstrate they have confidence in the quality of their craftsmanship.
How is cabinet refinishing conducted?
An expert working on your cabinet refinishing job will follow an established process for speed and excellent results. There are typically numerous steps used to transform the look of existing cabinets, for example:
- Assessment and Preparation: Cabinets should be first assessed to make sure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If so, any gear will be taken off, like handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Repair and Fill: Some small issues, such as scratches, dings, or other blemishes in the wood can be repaired or filled to better blend in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in thin, even coats to achieve the look you've envisioned. The drying and curing process will be vital to giving a professional outcome, and may require a few hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain completely cures, any parts can be put back on and cabinets completely reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will make sure the final project satisfies your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the entire work area.
It's useful to keep in mind that any refinishing process can vary depending on factors like the type of cabinets and the chosen finish. Also, professionals may employ specialized techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific stylistic effects, which will require a longer process with more steps. Be sure to communicate clearly with anyone you employ to ensure they have the skill to bring your vision to reality.
Find a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many homeowners in Milwaukee, Wisconsin have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many homeowners are starting to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with confidence.