Find a pro in Neshkoro, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Neshkoro, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Neshkoro, Wisconsin. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.