Find a pro in Norwalk, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Norwalk, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Norwalk, Wisconsin. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.