Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Wisconsin // Oak Creek
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the perks to refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement project that many people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a smart way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing perks of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple way to change their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the hassle of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect professional results when you allow a qualified contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to guarantee your cabinets look as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What is the distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between them and professional contractors will need to know what service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the existing doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and imparts a certain effect in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often can cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the great things with wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make the product appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service must be followed up depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than buying new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive project to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires less disruption to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
People of Oak Creek, Wisconsin have reported paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
One Site Containing All The Information Necessary To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Oak Creek, Wisconsin Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to beautify the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many people in Oak Creek, Wisconsin have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are choosing to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less disruptive to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Oak Creek, Wisconsin with confidence.