Find a pro in Oconto Falls, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Oconto Falls, WI
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Oconto Falls, WI. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.