Find a pro in Oregon, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Oregon, WI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Oregon, WI. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Oregon, WI. Find the right contractor for your house right away.