Find Deck Staining in Pelican Lake, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Deck Staining Professionals nearDeck Staining // Wisconsin // Pelican Lake
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT DECK STAINING
Does the climate play a hand in the outcome of deck staining?
Deck staining is a seasonal home maintenance job and you'll get better results when executing it when the weather is right:
- Temperature - Applying stain to any deck is better when the temperature is moderate, typically between 50°F and 90°F. Staining beneath very hot and colder temperatures can negatively impact the application and curing process.
- Humidity - Lower humidity levels are preferred when deck staining, as too much moisture can prolong drying times and raise the risk of mildew issues.
- Rain Forecast - Different stains come with directions on how long curing should take, and it's essential that it stays dry during this time. Your project's scheduling needs to take into consideration the rain forecast and preferably be finished 24 to 48 hours before any chance of showers.
What prep is advised before staining a deck?
Careful prepping of your deck and the surrounding environment must be performed to ensure a good result. Vegetation should be cut, and nearby pathways or other structures should be covered with a tarp to eliminate coming into contact with the stain. The wood of your deck might need to be cleaned and sanded to facilitate adequate penetration and adhesion.
Selecting the best stain for your deck is a part of the preparation and requires careful consideration, including factors like:
- Type of Wood - Some types of wood will gain more from certain stains that will offer your deck a better look and durability.
- The opacity of the Stain - The opaqueness of stains for decks varies from clear to solid, with solid usually providing the most protection from water and UV rays. If the wood used on your deck has minimal strength, you might want a solid or semi-solid stain for long-term preservation.
- Coordination With Your Home - You can choose a stain based on its hue and opaqueness to accentuate or stand out from the appearance of your house and yard.
Would painting my deck be a better choice than staining it?
Deck staining and painting offer their own advantages, so it's essential to consider which option best suits your needs when deciding between the two. The two biggest advantages of painting are its wider variety of colors and enhanced surface preservation. However, paint also demands extensive upkeep due to flaking and fading over time. Conversely, stain will not peel if properly cured, requires less effort to maintain, and has other advantages, including:
- Soaks Into the Wood - Unlike paint, which merely coats the surface, stains penetrate the wood, delivering a deep layer of protection from water, UV rays, and other destructive threats.
- Special Additives - Some stains contain additives that boost durability, including pigments that block UV rays, chemicals that resist rot, and insecticides that discourage bugs from infesting the wood.
Discuss the benefits of deck staining and painting with the contractors listed on Thumbtack to determine which option will be right for your needs.
Is the expense of professional deck staining justified by any real benefits?
Staining a deck offers many benefits, such as enhancing its look, extending its lifespan, and increasing its structural integrity. Though not to the extent of paint, stains come in a range of colors and opacities that can help revitalize the look of your house and yard. You're not limiting yourself by choosing deck staining instead of painting, as you still have many choices to accentuate your home or create a look that stands out on its own.
The protection that stain gives your deck will be well worth the cost of hiring a contractor to ensure excellent results. The weather in Pelican Lake, WI is the biggest danger to your deck, and regardless how strong the type of wood it's constructed with, a proper coat of stain will safeguard it from water and UV rays that will degrade it over time. Some other benefits of deck staining include stopping pests and mildew from destroying the wood and easy maintenance. Find a contractor listed on Thumbtack to stain your deck correctly and maximize your investment by prolonging its lifespan.
Find a Deck Staining Contractor in Pelican Lake, WI on Thumbtack and Get the Style and Protection You Envisioned
Deck staining is worthwhile for refreshing its look and providing unmatched protection from weather and pests that will degrade it over time. A proven contractor can handle every step, from preparation to application and curing, to make sure it comes out the way you envisioned.
Enlisting a contractor is highly advised if you lack experience carrying out deck staining or the time to dedicate to the tedious process. Working with stains requires careful attention to detail to ensure an even application and that it cures appropriately to secure the wood from water, UV rays, and pests. You can also benefit from the knowledge that contractors can offer when it comes to picking the right stain for the type of wood your deck is built with to ensure you achieve the desired look. Although stain won't offer as much variety as paint, many colors and opacities are still available to help your deck stand out as a unique visual element of your property.
A lot of people wrestle with choosing to paint or stain their decks, and both options have their unique benefits. Painting offers more variety of colors and looks and is great for surface protection. The downside is that you’ll need to repaint several times throughout the years as it peels away beneath constant foot traffic and changing weather conditions. Conversely, stain penetrates deeper into the wood and has pigments to block destructive UV rays and other chemicals that protect it from rot and insect damage. It also won't need to be reapplied for a few years so long as it's been properly cured.
Staining any deck demands a practiced hand and thoughtful consideration through every step of the project. Conducting the job at the wrong time of year or applying it haphazardly will lead to insufficient protection and an inconsistent look. Save time and eliminate the headaches of doing everything yourself by turning to a pro who can guarantee excellent results. Evaluate staining contractors in Pelican Lake, WI and choose the right one suiting your needs and budget all in one place with the powerful Thumbtack platform.