Find a pro in Prentice, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Prentice, Wisconsin. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Wisconsin // Prentice
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Prentice, Wisconsin
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Prentice, Wisconsin. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.