Find a pro in Racine, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Racine, WI
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Racine, WI, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.