Find a pro in Sparta, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Sparta, Wisconsin
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Sparta, Wisconsin. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.