Find a Cabinet Painter in Stanley, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Wisconsin // Stanley
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there any difference with cabinet paint and regular paint?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used for walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint generally used for interior walls will encounter some challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them that sleek appearance. Common wall paints may not stick properly to cabinets and can start to chip and flake off prematurely. The type of paint contractors use for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs extended time to dry and cure than those typically applied to walls.
How will I determine if I've picked the right cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to discover the most suitable one for your specifications and vision takes a substantial amount of work. A good place to begin is by understanding exactly what look you want to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view samples of their past work aligning with what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and ability. Dependable contractors will be pleased to grant this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a set budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate widely. Make sure that any professional you consider provides documentation of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's timeline. What you don't need is for any surprises to occur once the project has started that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's reliability by assessing any online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and on budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets without sanding?
It's may be tempting to immediately start painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but an expert will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life beginning with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt or grime are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and their hardware, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also reach any nooks and crannies that are exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in some cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only flake off and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
Is it expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several factors that affect the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. In Stanley, WI, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's recommended to first obtain quotes from multiple contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors might charge you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your painter must recoup the price of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with one gallon typically being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job completed.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Hire a Cabinet Painter Near Stanley, WI to Bring Your Vision to Reality
An exceptional way to increase the appeal of your property and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a more affordable option over expensive replacements that also requires less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and deliver a new look that will match your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Stanley, WI fluctuates, but some homeowners have reported spending as much as three times less on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the difference in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects such as the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. You should start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the world when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your existing cabinets may be in good enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll love.
When searching for the best cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and specifications, you should look at their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable painter will be willing to share their history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you understand exactly what to expect when the project is complete. Discover all important information necessary to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Stanley, WI confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.