Find a pro in Stoughton, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Stoughton, Wisconsin. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Stoughton, Wisconsin
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Stoughton, Wisconsin. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Stoughton, Wisconsin. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.