Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Townsend, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Wisconsin // Townsend
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the benefits to cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that plenty of people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a good practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other excellent advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and stress-free project to update their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the chaos of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you allow a qualified contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
How does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are distinct differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand what service you need. Refacing is a process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the current doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features its own unique approach and offers a distinctive outcome in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a suggested number of times I should refinish cabinets
One of the best things about wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the process needs to be repeated depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires less disruption to your home in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
People of Townsend, WI have reported paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
Discover The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Townsend, WI
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several people in Townsend, WI have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are choosing to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Townsend, WI confidently.