Find a Cabinet Painter in Waupun, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be limited by the type of paint I can use for my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the kind of paint generally used for home walls will face some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that sleek appearance. Typical wall paints might not stick adequately to cabinets or start to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint professionals choose for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires extended drying and curing times than those typically applied to walls.
Is it easy to find a good cabinet painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painters to uncover the perfect one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of work. The best place to begin is by understanding exactly what look you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view samples of their previous work matching your vision beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and skill. Trustworthy contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You should have a defined budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate significantly. Check that any contractor you consider provides documentation of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's expected completion. The last thing you want is for any surprises to pop up after the project has started that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's dependability by checking their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past clients for view online, and these are also an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Can I just paint over my kitchen cabinets?
It's may be tempting to quickly start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but an expert will quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality beginning with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt or grime are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and its hardware, such as drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also reach any edges that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in many cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only peel away and require repainting sooner than expected.
Will it be expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several things that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Waupun, Wisconsin, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's recommended to first seek out quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters might bill you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your painter must recoup the price of materials if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with a gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job completed.
You'll want to discuss your home's unique cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Beautify Your Cabinets for Less With a Dependable Cabinet Painter in Waupun, Wisconsin
A smart way to increase the value of your house and update the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and give them a new look that will match your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Waupun, Wisconsin varies, but some customers still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects such as the brand of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the world when you decide to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your existing cabinets may be in good enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll love.
When hunting for the best cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and needs, you should evaluate their client reviews, portfolio of past work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A reliable painter will be happy to show you their history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Find all important information necessary to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Waupun, Wisconsin easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.