Find a Pro in Wausau, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are some benefits of updating my residence through interior painting?
The short answer will be yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your House: A professional paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your property. It can also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even over listing price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your house in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the highest ROIs when considering the effect on property value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical project to update your house, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you haven't painted your interior recently and have poor colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Also, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you go with, a new paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted protects your house now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are made of components which easily retain moisture. Eventually, too much absorption can result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Moisture within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health dangers. Paint enables you to seal out water from getting through the porous walls of your residence.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints currently are manufactured with low or zero volatile organic compounds. If you or your family have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your home. A fresh application of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: Most houses contain flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently show scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your house over time. Getting your home's interior painted eliminates most imperfections and can make your room look updated and clean. A new paint color for your interior can also modernize your living space.
During which season of the year are painters generally less occupied?
One of the biggest selling points to booking during the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from doing home improvement projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
As a result, it's possible they'll charge a lower rates than what they typically charge in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What is the right schedule for repainting the exterior of a house?
Chipped and cracked paint are some evident things to keep an eye on; however, there are also some less obvious things that can cause problems too. Exterior painting is a pretty extensive project, so it's always a good idea to hire professional painters.
Since every house differs from one another, there is no set deadline to repaint, and this makes things more difficult for people. A lot of professionals say that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years, depending on other variables such as where you're located, weather, and the previous paint job.
After buying a house, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's a good idea to try and find out, since having detailed information about the paint job can make a big difference. The type of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its durability. It's also useful to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether your house was painted on a bright or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dried.
What are the duties of a professional house painter?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can help with:
- Choose Colors: If you're struggling to select the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your certified painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and can handle this prep stage before painting begins.
- Identify Damages: As your home painting service prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they see anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues must be addressed before painting can begin, of course. Your painter could then direct you towards dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Experienced painting contractors are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting a professional painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Discover an Experienced House Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces Near Near Wausau, WI
When you're looking for a good residential painter in Wausau, WI, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent way to bring new life into your property while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that delivers a big ROI in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home can boost your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or make excellent suggestions about different paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also supplies several useful benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to secure surfaces from a range of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will beautify your property inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that brings together all the relevant information to help you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Wausau, WI and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also allows you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for the pro who can deliver the quality and value you need.