Find a pro in Wittenberg, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Wittenberg, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Wittenberg, Wisconsin. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.