Find a pro in Bunker Hill, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Bunker Hill, WV
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Bunker Hill, WV. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to hire the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.