Find a Cabinet Painter in Carolina, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // West Virginia // Carolina
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Am I limited by the kind of paint I can put on my cabinets?
A frequently asked question is about the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint typically used for interior walls will face many challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them their elegant appearance. Typical wall paints might not stick sufficiently to cabinets or start chipping or flaking away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors use for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates extended drying and curing times than those typically applied to walls.
How do I choose a painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to uncover the most suitable one for your needs and vision requires a substantial amount of work. A good place to start is by knowing precisely what aesthetic you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their past work similar to your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and ability. Dependable contractors would be pleased to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a set budget in mind when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate significantly. Check that any painter you hire provides documentation of all equipment and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's expected completion. The last thing you need is for unexpected surprises to occur once the project has started that will raise costs above what you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's reputation by evaluating their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients for view online, and these are also a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and on budget.
Is it really crucial to prime or sand cabinets prior to painting?
It's may be enticing to immediately start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it on your own, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality starting with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that all dirt or grime are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and their components, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products today which contractors use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach any edges that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in many cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only chip away and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
How much will I need to budget to paint my kitchen cabinets?
There are many factors that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Carolina, West Virginia, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from multiple contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters might charge you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the price of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with a gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the project completed.
You'll need to talk about your home's unique cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Beautify Your Cabinets for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Carolina, West Virginia
A quick way to increase the value of your home and update the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a cost-effective option over expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and deliver a new look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Carolina, West Virginia fluctuates, but many homeowners still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects like the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. You should start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your present cabinets could be in good enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While searching for the perfect cabinet painting professional matching your budget and needs, you should evaluate their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A reliable painter will be willing to show you their history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you understand precisely what to expect when the job is finished. Find all the information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Carolina, West Virginia easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.