Find a Pro in Charleston, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors should influence your choice of exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the best choice. It's fairly affordable to boost how your home looks with help from a knowledgeable and experienced painting contractor. These are some of the considerations you should make when picking a color arrangement for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you choose should go with the overarching design you're going for and the atmosphere you want to form. Make the space your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are stylish hues that have the tendency to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Productive and energetic: For a touch of color that's distinctive from the rest, oranges and yellows are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more comfortable and content.
What advantages come with the decision to hire a professional contractor for exterior painting?
Hiring an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will typically offer you a better result than you could attain on your own. DIY projects don't always go as you hope unless you have the materials and training to perform the job to industry standards. Instead of spending time covering up errors, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to perform the job as efficiently as possible. The knowledge they've gained from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the level of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From power washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you should a painter to do it all. With their high-quality approach and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or offering subpar results.
What steps should be followed to prepare a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting delivers outstanding results when it's carried out with close attention to detail and adhering to top standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the skills, materials, and methods to conduct the job with exceptional workmanship. Superb workmanship begins with taking preliminary steps that let the paint adhere and look great for many years. Prepare for an exterior painting job by taking these steps:
- Pressure wash: Removing grime and dirt offers you a clear area to begin working on, so using power washing equipment is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked pieces that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix damage on exterior siding so that you can work with a smooth texture.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint it with a streamlined varnish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to let the paint stick.
What's the price related to painting the exterior of a home?
The cost of exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a great home improvement for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements all year round. Another factor that can contribute to the overall price is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can equate to higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and offer you an accurate quote for the price you can anticipate to pay.
Compare Exterior Painting Companies Near Charleston, West Virginia
Begin browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Charleston, West Virginia. If your home needs some new paint, you can recruit a professional with the qualifications and knowledge to provide excellent services. You can improve your home's curb appeal with fresh paint that provides a durable barrier preventing damage simultaneously. By recruiting a contractor to take care of the job, you're ensuring it'll be of high-quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management platform, you can swiftly browse for contractors, check ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can check out pictures from previous exterior painting projects to get an understanding of what they can offer. Browsing through professional profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you use our no-cost app. It's streamlined and simple to use for homeowners to choose the most suitable candidates for the job near them. Additionally, you can send direct messages, request an estimate, and book an appointment all on one platform.
Review the details of the project with an exterior painter who can offer you useful tips and help you brainstorm an attractive color combination. Having a freshly painted house can raise your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what a good sheen, color, and application can do to add some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from a number of local professionals ready to begin the project and perform outstanding craftsmanship. Get outstanding results by downloading our home management platform and get in touch with a skilled professional to handle the whole process with the utmost attention to detail.