Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Dunmore, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // West Virginia // Dunmore
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing rather than purchasing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement project that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of completely replacing them is a great way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other great benefits of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the look of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and easy project to update their look versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the chaos of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive professional results when you allow an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets look as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Where does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between the two and handymen will need to know what service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and delivers a certain outcome in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times can cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the best things about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be done again depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as opposed to installing new models?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than installing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable project to boost its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets may already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Dunmore, WV have communicated paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this project is right for you.
Hire a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Dunmore, WV
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many people in Dunmore, WV have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many people are choosing to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Dunmore, WV confidently.