Find a pro in Fairview, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Fairview, West Virginia. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Fairview, West Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Fairview, West Virginia. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.