Find a pro in Grant Town, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Grant Town, West Virginia. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Grant Town, West Virginia
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Grant Town, West Virginia, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.