Find a pro in Justice, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Justice, WV
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Justice, WV. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Justice, WV. Find the perfect contractor for your home today.