Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Kegley, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // West Virginia // Kegley
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few benefits of cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that many homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a great practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other excellent perks of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and easy technique to update their style versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the trouble of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get excellent outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I know of cabinet refacing - is this the same as refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are big differences between the two and handymen will need to know what service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the current doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features a unique approach and offers a certain effect in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times should cabinets be refinished?
One of the great benefits with wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How will cabinet refinishing be the ideal choice for my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to boost your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets may already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Kegley, West Virginia have related paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
Hire a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Kegley, West Virginia
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many homeowners in Kegley, West Virginia have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less chaotic to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Kegley, West Virginia with confidence.