Find a pro in Moorefield, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Moorefield, West Virginia. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Moorefield, West Virginia
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Moorefield, West Virginia. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.