Find a Pro in Morgantown, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is it a wise choice to prioritize interior painting for my house?
The short answer will be yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting services:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Residence: A good paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. It will also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even above its listing price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the highest returns when considering the effect on property value and appeal.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively inexpensive project to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your house in the past few years and have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Also, growing numbers of residents are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what color scheme you choose, the right paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted safeguards your house now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with components that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, too much absorption will lead to degraded walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint works to keep moisture from getting into the porous walls of your home.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints these days are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your interior. A new application of paint also limits dust and other toxins to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: Most residences harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently obtain scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your house over time. Having your house's interior painted hides most cosmetic issues and will make your home look updated and clean. A fresh paint color for your interior will also modernize your home.
When do painters see the slowest business season?
One of the biggest selling points about hiring within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painters have the availability.
As a result, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they typically charge in busier seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
How long is the ideal schedule for repainting the outer walls of a house?
Cracked and chipped paint are some obvious things to watch out for; however, there are also some less evident things that can cause problems as well. Painting an exterior can be a big project, so it's always a good idea to book professional painters.
What makes this hard for people is there is no set deadline to repaint, since every property is different. A lot of professionals express that you'll need to paint every five to ten years, based on factors like where you live, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
If you've just bought a house, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's a good idea to try to find out, since having in-depth information about the paint job will make a big difference. The type of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its durability. It's also useful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether your residence was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can change how well the paint dries.
What are examples of services I can expect my residential painting contractor to offer?
Here is what an expert painter will assist with:
- Advise the Best Colors: In case you're struggling to find the ideal colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your vetted professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and will take care of the prep stage before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painting service prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they find anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues need to be remediated before the project can start, of course. Your professional might then direct you towards trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Expert painting contractors are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By employing a professional painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Discover a Professional House Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Morgantown, WV
When you need a dependable house painter in Morgantown, WV, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a smart choice to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that delivers a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house works to elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or offer excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors will even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also supplies several practical benefits for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a range of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple site that brings together all the important information to help you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of reputable painters in Morgantown, WV and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also permits you to directly communicate with professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for a pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.