Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Oak Hill, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // West Virginia // Oak Hill
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of advantages should I expect when choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement task that plenty of homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a good practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other excellent advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple method to change their style versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the hassle of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality results when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you wished, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Where do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are big differences between the two and handymen will need to understand what service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the existing doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features a unique approach and gives a certain outcome in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times should cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the great things with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make the product appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, such as the strength of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the process needs to be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as opposed to buying them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit waste by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable project to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your home in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Oak Hill, West Virginia have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
Employ The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Oak Hill, West Virginia
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many homeowners in Oak Hill, West Virginia have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Oak Hill, West Virginia with confidence.