Find a pro in Pratt, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Pratt, WV. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Pratt, WV
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Pratt, WV. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Pratt, WV. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.