Find a pro in Rosedale, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Rosedale, West Virginia. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Rosedale, West Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Rosedale, West Virginia. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Rosedale, West Virginia. Find the right contractor for your property right away.