Find a pro in Seth, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Seth, West Virginia
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Seth, West Virginia. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.