Find a Cabinet Painter in Shady Spring, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // West Virginia // Shady Spring
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Does it matter which type of paint I use for my cabinets?
A frequently asked question is about the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used with walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will face some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them that modern appearance. Common wall paints will not adhere properly to cabinets and can start chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint contractors use for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates extended time to dry and cure than those typically applied to walls.
How do I find a painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painters to discover the best one for your needs and vision requires a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to focus on is by knowing precisely what look you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their previous work matching your vision beforehand to get a feel for their experience and skill. Dependable contractors would be pleased to grant this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a defined budget in mind when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate significantly. Make sure that any contractor you hire provides written statements of all material and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication during the process about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to pop up once the project begins that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's reputation by checking any online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these can be an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and on budget.
Is it necessary to prime or sand cabinets prior to painting?
It's always enticing to immediately start dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it on your own, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to life beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that all dirt or grime are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and its components, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products that contractors use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also penetrate to those places that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in most cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only peel away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
How much will it cost to paint my used cabinets?
There are many things that affect the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Shady Spring, WV, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's suggested to first seek out quotes from multiple contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters may charge you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your painter must recoup the cost of materials unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the project performed.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Choose a Cabinet Painter Near Shady Spring, WV to Bring Your Ideas to Reality
A smart way to increase the value of your house and refresh the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable option over expensive replacements that also requires less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and give them an updated look that will suit your current tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter near Shady Spring, WV fluctuates, but some customers still report spending less than a third on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects like the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then ask around among several different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the environment when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing process of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your present cabinets could be in decent enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
While looking for the perfect cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and needs, you should evaluate their client reviews, portfolio of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable painter will be willing to share their history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the project is finished. Find all important information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Shady Spring, WV confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.