Find a pro in Smithfield, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Smithfield, West Virginia. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Smithfield, West Virginia
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Smithfield, West Virginia, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the right companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.