Find a pro in Springfield, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // West Virginia // Springfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Springfield, West Virginia
If you need roofing maintenance services in Springfield, West Virginia, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.