Find a Pro in Summersville, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are examples of services I should expect my residential painting contractor to provide?
Here is what an expert painter can help with:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to select the ideal colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your hired painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and can handle the prep work before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painting service prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they notice anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas must be fixed before painting can commence, of course. Your painter may then suggest other trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Expert painting contractors are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By hiring an expert painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
What will experienced painters charge per hour?
Normally, a painter's price on services ranges between $22 to $43 per hour, and that excludes taxes or overhead.
Keep in mind that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter hourly. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself is not reflected in that cost.
Is investing in interior painting a worthwhile idea?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting services:
- Raise the Value of Your Home: A great paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. Interior painting can also help sell a residence that's on the market quicker, even above its listing price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your home that really pays for itself.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively affordable way to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. If you have not painted your house in the past few years and have poor colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what color scheme you pick, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted strengthens your house now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with components that easily absorb moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture can lead to degraded walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health issues. Paint enables you to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints currently are produced with low or no VOCs. If you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your property. A new application of paint also keeps dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: Most homes contain flaws and imperfections. Walls often show scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your residence over the years. Getting your home's interior painted removes those imperfections and can make your room look updated and clean. A fresh paint color for your interior can also modernize your living space.
When is the least active season for painters?
A major benefit to hiring during the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from doing projects, so painting professionals are more readily available.
As a result, they might be able to decrease their price than what they typically do in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Expert Residential Painting Contractors in Near Summersville, WV
When you're looking for a dependable house painter in Summersville, WV, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a great choice to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home works to improve your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or make excellent recommendations about different paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your residence also gives plenty of useful benefits for its structural integrity. Paint works as a sealant to protect the wood from a variety of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that compiles all the important information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of professional painters in Summersville, WV and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly message professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.