Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Summit Point, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few advantages of cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that many people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a good practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other amazing benefits of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and easy technique to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the hassle of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect excellent results when you allow a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets come out as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
What are the distinctions between cabinet refacing and cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are considerable differences between the two and handymen will need to understand which service you need. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the present doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has its own unique approach and imparts a distinctive outcome in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a recommended amount of times I can refinish cabinets
One of the great things about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the durability of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the process needs to be repeated depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
How should I determine if cabinet refinishing is the right project to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new ones and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit waste by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive way to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Summit Point, West Virginia have detailed paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
Discover The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Summit Point, West Virginia
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several people in Summit Point, West Virginia have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are choosing to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less chaotic to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Summit Point, West Virginia confidently.