Find a pro in Tornado, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // West Virginia // Tornado
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Tornado, West Virginia
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Tornado, West Virginia. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.