Find a Pro in Union, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you choose?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the ideal choice. It's relatively affordable to improve the appearance of your home with assistance from a skilled and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should consider when picking a color for your exterior painting project:
- Color arrangement: The colors you choose should go with the overall aesthetic you're going for and the atmosphere you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend substantial time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are tasteful tones that have the propensity to put you at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For a pop of color that stands out from the others, oranges and yellows are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more pleasant and content.
In what ways can recruiting an exterior painting professional improve your project?
Recruiting an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your home will usually provide you with a better result than you could attain on your own. DIY projects don't always go as you hope unless you have the materials and training to carry out the project to industry standards. Instead of spending time attempting to fix mistakes, homeowners can turn to an exterior painting professional to carry out the project as adeptly as possible. The skill they've gained from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the level of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you need to a contractor to do it all. With their first-rate process and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or delivering less-than-optimal results.
What measures are part of getting a house ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting offers outstanding results when it's carried out with careful attention to detail and adhering to top standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the training, materials, and strategies to do the project with exceptional workmanship. First-rate workmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that allow the paint to adhere and look amazing for many years. Get ready for an exterior painting project by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt provides you with a clean area to work with, so using pressure washing tools is a productive way to wash it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky parts that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can take care of flaws on exterior of your home so that you can work on a smooth texture.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on trim and windows to then paint it with a smooth finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to stay.
What's the price of painting a home's exterior?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a great project for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it protected from the elements all year round. Another factor that can influence the overall cost is how experienced your contractor is because it can result in higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a local painting contractor who can evaluate the project and give you an accurate estimate for the costs you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Streamlined Way to Search for Exterior Painting Companies in Union, WV
Start your search for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and recruit companies in Union, WV. If your home needs some new paint, you can find a professional with the training and background to provide high-quality services. You can update your property's curb appeal with fresh paint that offers a durable barrier preventing damage simultaneously. By recruiting a painter to take care of the project, you're making sure the work will be of the highest quality standards.
On our full-scope home management app, you can efficiently browse for contractors, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can check out results from previous exterior painting projects to get a better idea of what they can provide. Browsing through professional profiles and simplifying your search is more efficient when you use our no-charge app. It's convenient and easy to use for homeowners to pick the most qualified candidates for the project near them. In addition, you can send direct messages, request a quote, and book an appointment all on one platform.
Review the project details with an exterior painting professional who can offer you helpful tips and help you decide on an attractive color scheme. Painting can boost your property value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what a good sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from a number of local contractors prepared to roll up their sleeves and perform excellent craftsmanship. Get excellent results by using our app and get in touch with a knowledgeable painting contractor to handle every step in the process with close attention to detail.