Find a pro in Winifrede, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // West Virginia // Winifrede
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Winifrede, West Virginia
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Winifrede, West Virginia. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.