Find a pro in Fairview, Wyoming
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Wyoming // Fairview
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Fairview, Wyoming
When you need roofing maintenance services in Fairview, Wyoming, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.